No Carve Storybook Pumpkin Characters (10/14-10/25)
Dear Young Families,
In recognition of the fall season and the importance of reading, Young School is having a Story Character (No-Carving or Piercing of the Pumpkin) Pumpkin Decoration display. Students and their families are to decorate a pumpkin that represents a favorite character from a story they have read. The purpose of this event is to have fun as a family as you celebrate how important it is to read.
Pumpkin Decoration Directions:
• Choose a character from a favorite book for your pumpkin.
• Be Creative! Use paper, glue, paint, markers, pipe cleaners, fabric, or other craft items on the pumpkin. (Please don’t carve or pierce the pumpkin)
• On the display form include the story title, book character, and author of the book written on the registration form.
• Families with more than one student can turn in a Family Project. Or, siblings may decorate a pumpkin individually.
• Pumpkins are to be turned in between October 14 and 25.
• Students who participate in this activity will receive a lmc coupon for extra book check out.
• Pumpkins will be on display in the lmc from 10/14-10/25. Pumpkins will go home on October 25.
Please contact Ms. Morgan with any questions. We look forward to seeing many of the creative ideas that will come from our students and their families.
Here are a few a few website links and a few pictures that show some great ideas for doing this fun project.
No Carve Pumpkin Sheet (